Michelle Tomlinson is no stranger to the Entertainment Industry. She’s happy to be a working Actor who also Coaches Actors from the ages of 8-65. She understands the journey and psychology of what it’s like to be an Artist and shares her knowledge with each of her students.
Whether Tomlinson is coaching someone new to the world of Acting or a seasoned Actor for an audition, she has a strong intuition on how to approach each individual student and guide their work to where it needs to be by the time they reach the audition space. Tomlinson pulls from the techniques of her brilliant, former teachers: Carolyne Barry, Amy Lyndon, and Arthur Mendoza.
With credits in several genres including Horror, Drama, and Comedy, she has a deep understanding of what it takes to book work in any genre. This understanding is passed onto her students as she encourages them to stretch by challenging them with different types of material.
Tomlinson fully believes and endorses following your bliss as a human and as an Actor. It’s never too late or too early to embark on an amazing adventure!
Private Acting Sessions (via FaceTime or Skype)*On-Going Weekly Sessions or Audition Coaching*
- $200 for 4 1-hr Sessions ($100 Savings)
- Experience breaking down your material and getting into the truth of your character. Inspired by the Adler & Lyndon Techniques, Michelle guides you to grow within your craft and helps you turn your acting lessons into callbacks and bookings.
- On-Going, Weekly sessions are recommended for those want to stay on top of their game.
- As an On-Going Client, you are always welcome to work on your own material, as well as auditions that come up for you.
- Drop-In coaching for auditions is always welcome, as long as schedule permits.
- Want a Free Session? Refer a Friend who signs up for the 4 Session Package and you receive a FREE HOUR!
Business & Parent of Actor Consultations (via FaceTime & Skypet)
- Knowing the business side of Hollywood is just as vital as knowing how to Act.
- These sessions focus on getting your Acting Package together and answering your business questions.
- In order to increase your chances of success, your Headshots, Resume, Demo Reel, and Marketing Materials must be up to Industry Standard.
- Navigating through Hollywood requires strategy, patience and follow through. Ask your questions during these sessions, to ensure your journey (or that of your child’s) is as direct as you can make it.
- For the Parents of Actors sessions, we discuss working together with your child to create a harmonious balance between being a child and being an Actor. The pressure Children Actors go through is much different than what adults experience. Get ahead of the pressure in your session.
JUST ACT NORMAL PODCAST
Ideas and suggestions to help YOU have more success with taped auditions!
Adding an additional layer in your Audition/Shooting prep and execution!
Michelle serves up five minutes of why you DO belong on set and helps you believe as much for...
“After meeting Michelle and working with her for a short time, my son’s style and approach to acting changed. He was able to focus more and with her direction, he was much stronger with connecting to the material. In a few months, he started booking almost everything he auditioned for. Because of the confidence, Michelle has given him. He feels strongly about making choices for his character and owns it all the way through. Michelle truly cares about her students and is invested in their success. We don’t consider her a coach, but a true friend.”
“Kayla loves working with Michelle! She always feels prepared and excited for her audition after coaching sessions with her. Michelle coached Kayla for her 1st big LA audition, which Kayla booked!
She’s an amazing coach with amazing audition techniques.”
“Michelle Tomlinson is an amazing actor and coach. Both of my children have had the opportunity to be guided by her. My son Jordan feels completely comfortable working with her and had learned more than he ever expected about acting. Michelle has brought the natural gift my daughter has to life. When Haley finishes a session with Michelle, she comes out bold, confident and ready to take on the entertainment world. She is not just a coach, but a real person who can relate to her students. They all love her because she believes in them and is continuously supportive of them. Her communication, creativity, and techniques are highly effective and I would recommend her many times over! Thank you for all your hard work and patience with my children!”
“Before Michelle began coaching me, I had never, I repeat NEVER, had an audition before. By the end of our first year, I had booked a role in a short film, a Horror feature film, an interactive horror play and a sketch comedy show at Second City Theatre (and that’s just the beginning.) Besides acting as my coach, she has dutifully taken up the role as my industry adviser, my scene partner, director and most importantly, my friend. I couldn’t be happier at the progression I’ve made in my career and honestly couldn’t have done it without Michelle.”
“Michelle is such an amazing coach. She took my daughter from auditions to auditions with callbacks AND bookings! Her approach is so “kid friendly” and relatable for them. Love her!“
“Michelle Tomlinson is a blessing to me and my family. Not only is she an amazing coach, but she is also a GREAT friend. She helped my kids tap into emotions and feelings and they are now able to portray those feelings an emotions while acting. My kids have received callbacks and bookings as a result of being taught by Michelle. She has a wealth of knowledge she shares with her clients. She uses different strategies and acting techniques to fit the needs of each young actor. I have had the privilege of watching her in action coaching kids and she is a phenomenal coach who is very passionate about her job!”